I'm so behind on this blog, it's ridiculous.
Thursday, August 15, 2013
Recently signed up for online art classes with a bunch of friends. Learned so much already. The above picture is an assignment where I have to replicate an old painting with atmospheric lighting and replace the face with an animal. This is my value study, an extra step done for myself. I have to color it using a gradient technique.
It's a rather odd technique, so I decided to practice it a bit to get a better feel. This is my first attempt and I rather hate it. I did learn from it but it's not really my style. The background i love though, haha.
This is my second go at it and I rather love it now. The gradients cut down on color picking and finding my palette. It's an extra step I'm willing to incorporate in my work.
Sunday, August 11, 2013
Last night I was thinking about how Jeriko is two steps from being a complete mental case. I wanted show him completely “gone”.
The dead blank stare, bags under his eyes. I chose a more vibrant palette because Jeriko is a fairly innocent man but suffers from schizophrenic like symptoms that come with being a Djogin (alpha male in his race.)
Follow me on:
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
So I have a few goals with my not so new story Path of Soul.
- Brighter Colors: My work in Plague of Deception is pretty much dark and brown. I don't want that to be the same way with Path of Soul. I really wanted brighter pictures because the world in my head is bright and vibrant, almost alien. Making this world will be a lot of fun I'm hoping and I really want it to be drastically different from Ma'i's world.
- Creature Cast: I really want a cast of varying races of creatures. I want to be way more creative with this story. A high fantasy,if you will. PoD is more of a historical fiction vibe than fantasy in my opinion. I don't want this for PoS. I want a very big colorful cast. Memorable beings.
- "Weak" Female Lead: Not to say Yesenia doesn't become stronger over time, she does, but in the beginning she's insecure and hesitant. Very trusting and overly cautious. The total opposite of Ma'i. Great! I really want a girl like this. Ma'i is strong and determined and having another character like that would be rather boring for me. She's sweet and modest and I wouldn't change her for the world.
Things I will keep the same:
- My love for family connections. I realized it's just my thing when it comes to creating. Having characters who have a long line of family members or mentioning family members is how I do things.
- People of color cast is also my niche. I tried to make Yesenia non-black but I just couldn't. Sometimes just gotta do what you know how to do. I've come to terms with this lol.
- Fantasy settings. My genre is fantasy and that will probably never change.
Well that's my ramble for tonight.
Yesenia, princess of the human region of Adhena. She is the new main character of my story, Path of Soul (tentative title). She is the younger sister to Xital and Queen Zahira.
Their race are the primordial beings of Xital's world, Ahdena.
They, like the beast-men I recently created, powers reflect a cycle/part of nature. Theirs is life and death.
This guy is Xege.
Monday, July 29, 2013
Finally finished this piece.
Really wanted to show Ma’i all beat up and stuff. Whoever she is tracking was no easy target that’s for sure. I really like this piece because I really don’t know the outcome of what she’ll do.
Ma’i when pissed off really cares about no one else. Seeing as she’s all beat up and tired looking, she’d want to get this over with but the maternal side of her might kick in. Then there’s the what she’d do with the kid because she has no time for a kid herself. So will she just off it for the sake of convenience? Or will she spare it?
Lol I’m sitting here just scratching my chin and thinking myself.
Well enjoy this piece